I’ve shared a bit about the book our team put together this year entitled “Beyond CAHPS – A Guide for Achieving Patient & Family Centered Care.” This week I wanted to highlight another opportunity that came out of that experience. Recently I was asked to present on a webinar for HCPro. The general focus will be the fact that to meaningfully improve the patient experience, an organization wide, proactive approach to patient-centered care is needed. Titled “A Practical Approach to Achieving Patient and Family-Centered Care”, the webinar will help hospitals develop a patient-centered care structure that will positively impact the patients and families they serve.
Joining me in this presentation is a gifted colleague and an amazing leader, Gretchen Leiterman. I’ve had the privilege of working with Gretchen on a few projects, most recently at SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital in St. Louis. Gretchen is the Chief Operating Officer at SLUH. She previously worked as a vice president at HealthPartners in Bloomington, Minnesota, and in multiple positions in the Allina Health System in Minneapolis. She is a board member of The Lifesaving Foundation in St. Louis and serves on the board of directors of the Metro St. Louis chapter of the American Heart Association.
Please plan to join Gretchen and me on Monday, May 22nd at 1:00 EST as we explain how to develop an internal approach to improving organizational service culture. We’ll have an opportunity to cover a variety of topics including:
- How to set up an effective patient-centered care structure
- Creating an internal approach to improving service culture within the context of a larger corporate structure
- Engaging frontline staff in improvement efforts to enhance courtesy and respect
- Ensuring systems to support sustainability for the long term
- Developing leaders to hold staff accountable and foster continued improvement efforts
- Addressing cultural aspects of communication and incorporating them into training programs
We’ll also share a case study about SSM Health St. Louis University Hospital detailing their:
- Courtesy and Respect pilot
- Employee and leadership engagement structure
- Leadership rounding
- Sustainable support
We hope you can join us on Monday May 22nd at If you’re interested in signing up – you can click on the link above.