Our proprietary metadata tool and healthcare metrics repository (Compendium Data Catalog) allows organizations to track information quickly and efficiently. Find all information related to reports, dashboards, healthcare metrics and more in one, intuitive tool. The app is highly customizable, and learning the app is intuitive and fast for both technical staff and end users.
More than just another data dictionary, the Compendium Data Catalog is an enterprise data governance support tool that includes features that help you get a handle on your organization's information assets for a fraction of the cost of other offerings:
Searchable, easy-to-use web-based front end
Search all the different types of objects at once, or narrow the focus through advanced search capabilities
Application extension without the need for a web developer
Admin users can add and configure any number of object types on which to track metadata. Object types include reports, dashboards, metrics, database tables, helpful SQL snippets, business glossary definitions, or anything else you can dream up!
Admin users can create custom hierarchies so, for instance, a report about surgical volumes could be organized in the “All Reports” tree and also roll up into the “Surgery” subject area
End-user input for more complete metadata
End users can add notes and even update object descriptions (if enabled).
Connectors to Automate Data Imports
Connectors enable the automated import of objects and metadata from source systems into the BIC tool. For example, the SAP Business Objects connector has the ability to pull the list of all Crystal Reports in your system and gather key information about each report such as the developer, the last time the report was run, report parameters, etc. The following connectors are included with the purchase of the BIC tool:
- SAP Business Objects - This connector pulls in Crystal Reports, Web Intelligence Reports, and Universes. For Crystal Reports, in addition to many other attributes, the SQL generated by the report (even for command objects!) is pulled and the source tables and columns are parsed into the BIC tool. Having this sort of information readily available helps reduce the overall report burden (in our experience up to 30% of reports can be decommissioned due to the lack of use or redundancy) and makes upgrades easier since you can target only those reports that need to be updated due to changes caused by the upgrade!
- Qlik - This connector pulls in QlikView dashboards, along with usage information such as average sessions per day, distinct users per month, etc.
- Microsoft Power BI - This connector pulls in Power BI reports and dashboards from the Microsoft Azure environment.
- Database Connectors - We have developed processes that catalog the tables and columns are profiled in the process, providing attributes of each such as row counts, column sample data and formats, percent NULL, etc.
- Custom Connectors - Installation of the BIC tool comes with an allotment of hours for custom connector development to build automated imports from our key systems.
The Compendium Metric Hub
Built into the Compendium Data Catalog is Compendium Metric Hub, a streamlined metric repository. Compendium Metric Hub allows you to define your healthcare metrics in one place (in BIC), so that what shows up in your various reports, dashboards, and corporate scorecards is consistent. Even better, the business logic for each measure isn’t hidden deep in the underlying code, it’s available for everyone to see. Say goodbye to healthcare metric chaos!